Matchbox Quiz 4

me2

Dedicated Member
Most of the time when Compo was showing the matchbox, his only reward was to hear the person scream or show revulsion, which he obviously enjoyed. In one episode he had another reward when he showed it to a man in the cafe. It's the only time he showed it to a man outside of the regular cast.

Can you name the episode and the reward?

WHO'S MINDING THE CAFE THEN?? Reward was the money the man left behind to pay for the "entertainment" :32: :eek:

Thought I'd posted this, Cant remember the episode but was it Cleggy and did Clegg buy the teas?? :22:

Thought I'd posted this, Cant remember the episode but was it Cleggy and did Clegg buy the teas?? :22:
No Dick. It wasn't Clegg. It was not any of the regulars. I thought this was the only episode this man was in, but it turns out he also played a policeman in another episode, though the two parts were totally unrelated. He didn't have a name in either episode.

Clue time:
I will tell you that Compo was alone in the café at the time. Neither Clegg or Foggy were with him.
I guess that's two clues since you now know it's one of the Foggy eras.

That is correct. The reward was the scone when the look at the matchbox put the man off any desire to eat. Now we just need the name of the episode.

Clue time:
This was the episode where Compo supposedly put his money on the counter for his tea. (You could hear the click of the coins) Ivy spends the rest of the episode moving cups, looking for the coins.
(Hint: remember this is a Foggy episode not Truly)

This is also the episode where Howard want Clegg to buy the China Shepherdess at Auntie Wainwright's for Marina.

Back