On two Wheels.

Schwinn made a Chopper decades ago. Robin Williams had one in his collection. I imagine it fetched a pretty penny when his collection was auctioned off. This picture was not Robin Williams actual bike.
View attachment 7408
Went to a hot rod/car show few years ago, and there was a bloke selling these things for up to $1000au... he had several of them in his stall in various condition.. dunno if he sold any!

Retro clear sells, they're commanding crazy sums on ebay!!!!

Schwinn made a Chopper decades ago. Robin Williams had one in his collection. I imagine it fetched a pretty penny when his collection was auctioned off. This picture was not Robin Williams actual bike.
View attachment 7408
Ahh, the Stingray, every boy's dream when I was a kid. A friend of mine found one new in the crate back in the spring. He paid $2,200 US for it. You could get them in green, orange and purple. I always liked the purple one..

There was a motorcycle fab shop in Orange County New York. It was a family business run (past tense) by a man and his sons. They fabricated some of the most unique to extreme chopper motorcycles for the rich and famous, for whom money was no object. Jay Leno had them fabricate a replica of a midwestern police motorcycle that was simply a work of art. The fabrication of these motorcycles was televised on the show 'Orange County Choppers' which featured the actual family. The fabricators worked miracles. I saw things done with a planishing hammer and english wheel that I would never have believed possible. They laid down welds that unfinished were virtually invisible. Schwinn Bicycles had OCC develop the last stingray chopper bicycle. I think it was called the stingray deluxe. Schwinn then fabricated and sold these OCC stingrays on a production basis. As for OCC, the family business self destructed, except for one son who was the real visionary talent base of the show. Last I knew he had his own fab shop.

The Schwinn/OCC chopper bicycle:

1723843945360.png

Last edited:
There was a motorcycle fab shop in Orange County New York. It was a family business run (past tense) by a man and his sons. They fabricated some of the most unique to extreme chopper motorcycles for the rich and famous, for whom money was no object. Jay Leno had them fabricate a replica of a midwestern police motorcycle that was simply a work of art. The fabrication of these motorcycles was televised on the show 'Orange County Choppers' which featured the actual family. The fabricators worked miracles. I saw things done with a planishing hammer and english wheel that I would never have believed possible. They laid down welds that unfinished were virtually invisible. Schwinn Bicycles had OCC develop the last stingray chopper bicycle. I think it was called the stingray deluxe. Schwinn then fabricated and sold these OCC stingrays on a production basis. As for OCC, the family business self destructed, except for one son who was the real visionary talent base of the show. Last I knew he had his own fab shop.

The Schwinn/OCC chopper bicycle:

View attachment 7420

Orange County Choppers. Needs the front lowered a bit, forks extended, and a smaller wheel. :D

Back