PRESCRIPTIONS.

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
:eek: Just collected and paid for a prescription for my daughter. I am darn glad I do not pay for my own prescriptions, there are now 11 on my medication list! The one for my daughter has just cost £7-85p. I understand about " season ticket " schemes for regular prescriptions but correct me if I'm wrong, is it only in England that we pay prescription charges?? ???

I think N Irland still pay Dick. I get a pre pay cert we worked it out one and it saved me over 9 hundred pound!! Its frightning really.

I think N Irland still pay Dick. I get a pre pay cert we worked it out one and it saved me over 9 hundred pound!! Its frightning really.

"These costs apply only to England as prescription charges have been abolished in the rest of the UK. In Wales, prescriptions have been free for everyone since 2007, Northern Ireland scrapped the charges in 2010 and Scotland followed suit in 2011."

I didn't know Irland had already done that. I wonder if Scotland get independance will that still stand? The price is getting out of hand I do know people who hold offf getting their meds untill they get paid which can't be a good thing,my son had a nasty infection after an op once and I paid for his anti biotics because he didn't have the money at the time, with people struggling today I know he can't be the only one who can't afford it. I know that only small propotion of people actually pay but there are people that fall though the cracks. Has I said if it wasn't for my pre payment cert I wouldn't be able to afford all my meds.

Here in the States, we DO pay for prescriptions!!

BIG time!!

Some medical insurance policies may cover 'em, but as I
got older, coverage got way less.

Now even the generics are costly.

As an example, what was $35 for 90 days of a generic is
now going for about $75.

Paying for just the prescription? I mean, for the piece of paper the doctor gives you ???? We don´t, they just give it to you. I´ve got a private health insurance, I certainly don´t have to pay for it, don´t know about the others, but I´m confused now, I don´t think anyone does. I´ll have to ask. Gosh, it also shows how few prescriptions I get.

Hokay, now I am really confused.

Was not making a difference between:

The prescription , which is the bit the doctor writes to
``for me to take to the pharmacy to get the medicine. and
the actual medicine itself, for which the prescription is written.

In the states, you usually pay a "consultation fee" to see the
doctor to get him/her to prescribe a medicine. Then you pay the
pharmacy for the medicine itself.

Make more sense???

So you pay twice? Once for the doctor and again for the meds?
We see the doctor under the NHS which we don't pay for ( I know we do with our taxes,but we don't hand cash to the Dr) then we take the prescription to the chemist and we pay small fee for that, compared to your fee's ours is small but what we're moaning about is that the small fee keeps going up and in Wales, Scotland and NI they don't pay anything, its only us muggs in England that pay.

Just imagine Chuck if the people in the next state to you were getting free meds and you still had to pay?? ::)

Just imagine Chuck if the people in the next state to you were getting free meds and you still had to pay?? ::)

Just imagine if the ALL the surrounding states got it for free and you didn't ::) ::)

Just imagine if the ALL the surrounding states got it for free and you didn't ::) ::)

But all this reflects the different priorities assigned by the different legislations in the component nations of the UK. For example, there was recent concern expressed in Scotland that the spending on certain aspects of cancer care is greater in England. And again, there are certain drugs that are just not being made available in Scotland but are in England - though maybe not throughout England.

I think some in UK might be surprised at some of the differences between states of the USA.

Dont want to get too embroiled in politics again Unc but it all beggars the question ,, This is supposed to be a United Kingdom, why isn't it equal all round??

Dont want to get too embroiled in politics again Unc but it all beggars the question ,, This is supposed to be a United Kingdom, why isn't it equal all round??

To achieve that surely you would have to abolish every local authority as well as the devolved parliaments in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS JOKE!!!!!

We'll never be united because the Welsh hate the English, the Scottish hate the English and the Irish hate the English, were as the English, well we just love everyone ;D ;D ;D ;D

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS JOKE!!!!!

We'll never be united because the Welsh hate the English, the Scottish hate the English and the Irish hate the English, were as the English, well we just love everyone ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yep, I like it. There must be a song there somewhere (or "There was an Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman" joke -sorry, must be PC, "There was an English person, and Irish person .......")

Paying for just the prescription? I mean, for the piece of paper the doctor gives you ???? We don´t, they just give it to you. I´ve got a private health insurance, I certainly don´t have to pay for it, don´t know about the others, but I´m confused now, I don´t think anyone does. I´ll have to ask. Gosh, it also shows how few prescriptions I get.

Sorry **** meant to say, we don't pay for the bit of paper we pay a fee at the chemist when we receive the meds :)