Something unusual about the area you live in

What an amazing part of the world you live in Seymour, I went on a New England cruise a few years back, Bar Harbour is the town I will always remember visiting, I recall going to an amazing bar and eating chowder which was probably made using local fish!
Many years ago, I went on a walking tour of Mount Desert Island. We spent about an hour in Bar Harbor, just so we could say we'd been there. Spent the rest of the week walking the carriage drives - easy walking, since they were built for horses pulling carriages fully loaded with the nouveau riches from the start of the industrial age. Easy slopes and lots of thank-you-ma'ams to rest the legs.

Shropshire is the largest inland county in England, it also boasts the fewest residents per square mile than any other county in England.

Was it Camper Jam you went to, if so what was it like ? Seen a few videos of it on YT and really fancy going next year!
Yes, we’ve been every year since 2010. It’s the biggest one we go to as the others we go to are for about 3-400 vans max.
DEVA dubs and Hotrods was another we always religiously went to until it stopped last year. It was held on the showground in Shrewsbury and hopefully it will come back for a one off festival soon.
Camperjam is always a great weekend and we meet up or camp with a few mates and there’s plenty to do.9C9167B9-9AC9-49F1-947A-99BD47B261A6.jpeg773469B5-BCCC-429A-BE71-33C562594F23.jpeg7E3EC199-4070-4EAA-A427-CF690DE0F45C.jpeg

Yes, we’ve been every year since 2010. It’s the biggest one we go to as the others we go to are for about 3-400 vans max.
DEVA dubs and Hotrods was another we always religiously went to until it stopped last year. It was held on the showground in Shrewsbury and hopefully it will come back for a one off festival soon.
Camperjam is always a great weekend and we meet up or camp with a few mates and there’s plenty to do.View attachment 7312View attachment 7313View attachment 7314
I think I'll go next year, I've now traded my VW California for a Westfalia based on the MAN Van. Hopefully I'll still be able to stay even though it's strictly not a VW (although it's made by VW in the same factory as the Crafter!)

Your T3 van looks a lot cooler than the modern ones like mine which are essentially just boxes!

I think I'll go next year, I've now traded my VW California for a Westfalia based on the MAN Van. Hopefully I'll still be able to stay even though it's strictly not a VW (although it's made by VW in the same factory as the Crafter!)

Your T3 van looks a lot cooler than the modern ones like mine which are essentially just boxes!
Cheers. You get a reduced price for going in a vw but anything goes. Last year we went in my Skoda and took the teepee. I had already bought tickets for the camper but they just waved me through as I was in a VAG group vehicle :)

Alderley Edge, Cheshire.
4,000 year old mines with views across to Manchester, Cheshire plains and Peak District.
In the mines s pot of Roman coil s was found and it dated back to 4th century AD. Also an oak shovel that was carbon dated to1,750 years BC.
Great walks through the woods where as well as the hermit cave and the remains of the 1588 Armarda Beacon there’s the Wizzards Well and various witches circles. According to the legend there’s an army of soldiers under the Edge asleep in the cave’s waiting for the call to arms.
Author Alan Garner was born and lived in the village and used the backdrop for some oh his books.
A8CCBB14-C08D-4F70-B27D-035A77C2C632.jpeg4BCB5BBD-25E3-4ACC-99E6-3FB59DE51C32.jpeg

Growing up, I lived in Falls Church, Virginia (US). First of all, the city was named for The Falls Church (Episcopalian/Anglican) which was founded in 1734, and built by the English Crown. George Washington was a church vestryman there. The City of Falls Church was established in 1875. Also Dwight Eisenhower's brother had a residence in the city and Eisenhower would occasionally visit. On one corner, there is a hardware store that has been there since the 1800's. Broad Street is one of the main streets in Falls Church and further on down, it turns into Leesburg Pike and with Columbia Pike, is Baily's Crossroads. Yes, it's named for that Baily of circus fame who established his winter headquarters in1837. As a note, an elephant spent her winters there, actually the first one to set foot in this country.

I was born in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania and was raised in a small town, called Taneytown, about 10 miles south of Gettysburg, and a few miles south of the Mason/Dixon line in Maryland. General Meade made his camp there during the Civil war. He used the Antrim Mansion as his town HQ and used a farm out York street as his field HQ. The Trinity Lutheran church bell tower, was used as a watch tower, and for signaling. The home I was raised in was on Frederick street, and General Meade reviewed the troops on Frederick, extending onto York. I went over the ground at the home with a metal detector and found bullets, tokens, coins, etc. I've been told there is a picture of the home in the review, but I haven't been able to locate it. Antrim today is a posh Inn and restaurant called Antrim 1844..

Antrim 1844

Last edited:
Back