Something unusual about the area you live in

I was born in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania and was raised in a small town, called Taneytown, about 10 miles south of Gettysburg, and a few miles south of the Mason/Dixon line in Maryland. General Meade made is camp there during the Civil war. He used the Antrim Mansion as his town HQ and used a farm out York street as his field HQ. The Trinity Lutheran church bell tower, was used as a watch tower, and for signaling. The home I was raised in was on Frederick street, and General Meade reviewed the troops on Frederick, extending onto York. I went over the ground at the home with a metal detector and found bullets, tokens, coins, etc. I've been told there is a picture of the home in the review, but I haven't been able to locate it. Antrim today is a posh Inn and restaurant called Antrim 1844..

Antrim 1844
My mother was born and raised in Quincy, Pennsylvania which is outside of Waynesboro which is sort of near Gettysburg. My great great great grandfather was named David Long. He gave the sermon in the Little Dunker Church the Sunday before the (Civil War) Battle of Antietam. The church Bible was taken to New York State by a Union (North) soldier and eventually returned.

I've been to Waynesboro many times, on my way to Hagerstown. Nice little story about Antietam. I spent some time there when I was doing reenactments..

Back