Summer Wine A-Z Game

• Thread starter Thread starter jrt2345
  • Start date Start date
I gave this up months ago. Before I came on I noted 6093 replies. So I ran 6093 divided by 26 through Excel and came up with 234.3462 (or words to that effect). This means this has been gone around over 200 times. Now, I want some clever person with time on their hands to go through all the responses and see how many repeats there have been for each letter.

8) 8) :35: :35: :pc::pc: :30: :30: :13: :13:

I gave this up months ago. Before I came on I noted 6093 replies. So I ran 6093 divided by 26 through Excel and came up with 234.3462 (or words to that effect). This means this has been gone around over 200 times. Now, I want some clever person with time on their hands to go through all the responses and see how many repeats there have been for each letter.

You like playing with statistics Big Unc, would you have the time? :me: It keeps a lot of us out of mischief ,and sometimes though we cant help but repeat certain words etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

He who thunk it should do it! :pc: t
That should keep you quiet for a few hours. ;):22:

Now where were we?

Ar yes P

Propper Tory capitalist.

Last edited:
No way would I have the time but do recognise that the thread has the benefit of keeping some folk quiet, particularly certain folk who shall be nameless. But I thought to research further (as is my wont) and try to find out the number of words in the language beginning with letter 'z'. But found that impossible to quantify because of large number of scientific words (which do, of course, have a great relevance to LOTSW). In the process found that four years back there was a significant April Fool joke that letter 'z' was to be abandoned. But also came across this great definition:

Za (n.) An old solfeggio name for B flat; the seventh harmonic, as heard in the or aeolian string; -- so called by Tartini. It was long considered a false, but is the true note of the chord of the flat seventh.

Not a lot of people know that.

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:​

Back