Summer Wine Decanted

Yesterdays evening meal. Just getting a few Christmas shots. New signs up outside & a makeover inside. Pleased to report that summer wine photos & memorabilia are still on display.

Attachments

• 20231206_181406.jpg
    20231206_181406.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 9
Well Leigh you did something they never did in the show and actually filmed on location around Christmas time
So it is a real "Special" episode, not filmed with the other shoots and broadcast separately from the series!
Timing was mainly due to Peter's availability. We didn't manage everything we wanted to on location. The journey there took about an hour longer than expected, then as you can see from Peter's earlier snowy photo, we could not even get to some of the locations.
Some of the Summer Wine shoots did look like they were at least autumnal!

I never see snow in any of the episodes. What is the coldest the cast and crew filmed in?

A fitting tribute to the Christmas episodes thank you both for filming and posting it brought back memories of all those specials and at its peak how many millions sat down to watch them . Is your toast at the end in keeping with many TV shows and was not real wine you were drinking and if not what was it ? If it was real wine how many takes were there to get the greeting right :)

It is interesting when the Beeb blame their current low viewing figures on everything but themselves, often blaming streaming service taking away their audience, my view to this is if you put constant good quality programs on, cut out the endless repeats on a daily basis then people will come flocking to you.
The BBC has plenty of income to make these shows, the Licence fee, advertising from all the UK Brand channels that they own, streaming income from Britbox,

A fitting tribute to the Christmas episodes thank you both for filming and posting it brought back memories of all those specials and at its peak how many millions sat down to watch them . Is your toast at the end in keeping with many TV shows and was not real wine you were drinking and if not what was it ? If it was real wine how many takes were there to get the greeting right :)
Thank you Captain. Wine, in that glass, with ice? No, my usual spirit is JD and Coke. That, however, as you guessed was not alcohol, but neat Coke. Which tasted horrible. :(

The issue of Pete Postlethwaite's appearance has been discussed on this forum several times and I think the consensus was that the man in the cafe was Andrew Lane despite the IMDB listing saying he was the tennis player.

As well as Getting Sam Home on the BBC over Christmas, Drama is showing a fair few of the Christmas Specials (including again GSH… my favourite)

Back