The Beatles

The Zombies were an often overlooked band, Colin Blunstone was a great singer and they had great songs 'Shes Not There', 'The Time Of the Season' and 'Say you Don't Mind'.

Procol Harum are one of my favourite groups from the sixties, is anyone here a fan?

The Zombies were an often overlooked band, Colin Blunstone was a great singer and they had great songs 'Shes Not There', 'The Time Of the Season' and 'Say you Don't Mind'.

When I lived near St Albans they were a local band though I never got to see them but enjoyed the music

Procol Harum are one of my favourite groups from the sixties, is anyone here a fan?

I think Whiter Shade of Pale is one of those songs that after the first 5 seconds of hearing it, it takes you back and you are ready to listen to the whole track, a 1st class classic

Being a bit controversial, to me the only real "great" groups were the ones who lasted. Of The Zombies I only recall 'She's Not There' and how monotonous it was - but I suppose I remember it so maybe it had something. Procul Harum was "A Whiter Shade of Pale" - yes, a great song but a one off - and nothing else. Someone mentioned The Yardbirds and I got confused. Thought their one claim to fame was a female drummer and nothing else. Cannot remember any of their material. Maybe their only real claim to fame was that Eric Clapton started with them.

No, to me the great groups come in the category of, yes, The Beatles, Rolling Stones (but could not stand them), Abba, The Seekers, maybe Queen, those that really lasted and had multiple memorable songs.

Being a bit controversial, to me the only real "great" groups were the ones who lasted. Of The Zombies I only recall 'She's Not There' and how monotonous it was - but I suppose I remember it so maybe it had something. Procul Harum was "A Whiter Shade of Pale" - yes, a great song but a one off - and nothing else. Someone mentioned The Yardbirds and I got confused. Thought their one claim to fame was a female drummer and nothing else. Cannot remember any of their material. Maybe their only real claim to fame was that Eric Clapton started with them.

No, to me the great groups come in the category of, yes, The Beatles, Rolling Stones (but could not stand them), Abba, The Seekers, maybe Queen, those that really lasted and had multiple memorable songs.

it isn't controversial Big Unc, everyone has their own taste and opinions and I can appreciate that.

Procol Harum's strengths are the quality of their Album Tracks not so much their chart topping success, although they did release 'Homburg' as a single as well.

The Yardbirds did indeed have Eric Clapton with them in the early stages and then he left due to music direction and formed Cream with Baker and Bruce. After he left they were joined by Jeff Beck and also Jimmy Page later of Led Zeppelin fame.

They were a decent group although very much overlooked, their most famous songs are 'For Your Love', 'Heart Full of Soul','Over Under Sideways Down' and 'The Shapes of Things'

I think the band with the female drummer were the 'Honeycombs'.

Back