The Railway Children

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Yes the 1970 version,I watched this on blue ray the other night and the quality was fantastic,see the 2 screen shots below,the first from normal dvd the second from a HD Blue Ray disc,now would it not be great if they re scanned the original LOSW series film and put them out in HD format

RC1.jpg

RC2.jpg

Must be my advanced age poking thru, but all I really want to
see is Bernard Cribbins and Jenny Agutter. We have several
discs of the 1970 production and it's all I need. We watch
it at least once a year, maybe more. For years we could not get
this in the US, and I brought back a UK tape from a tourist
shop (at the K&WVRR) and had it converted for US. Since then
I have ordered some from the Beeb that will play on my region-free
DVD player. Prolly my all-time favorite movie!!!

You have me interested now. The hefty gentleman on the left looks like a type from Summer Wine ~~ Malcolm or Eric. Is it?

We got the Blue ray version (from amazon) just before last Christmas, and yes, what a difference.
One of my all time favourites.

With this version it is much easier to spot Jet aircraft trails and cars in the the distance

Yes that was Paul Luty who played Malcolm is a couple of episodes
You have me interested now. The hefty gentleman on the left looks like a type from Summer Wine ~~ Malcolm or Eric. Is it?

The film made in 1970 was brilliant I watch it every time it comes on but do not bother with the travesty made by ITV it is absolutely terrible with adaptions of scenes people not in the original film or book.ITV do this to every book they film Miss Marple is a blatant cock up new characters,story lines completely changed ,the BBC series again is the only one worth watching. The guard Mr Mitchell is now chairman of the K&WVR a true rise through the ranks and the line is very successful thanks to the film giving it a flying start.

Reminds me of falling in love with Jenny Agutter when I saw her in Logan's Run :-[

I think most boys fell in love with Jenny Agutter in Logan's Run, probably had something to do with what she was wearing... Or not wearing ::)

My Mam loved the Railway Children and we watched at Xmas every year in hall at school, I think if hadn't been made to watch it so much I would have liked it.

Always amazes me the weird perception they had of how women would look in the future back then.

Its like they never for a minute took into consideration the impact that the feminist movement would have.

Reminds me of falling in love with Jenny Agutter when I saw her in Logan's Run :-[

I think most boys fell in love with Jenny Agutter in Logan's Run, probably had something to do with what she was wearing... Or not wearing ::)

For me it was the earlier 'Walkabout' where what she was 'not wearing' was, if anything, more pronounced (if that is a logical way of phrasing it).

She was stark naked Big Unc!

Back