The Summerwine.net music thread

Does anyone remember those quite naff end of term school discos we all used to have in the 80s and 90s? A few songs that always turned up every year at ours were "The Birdie Song", "Agadoo", "I am the Music Man", "The Conga" and the one I thought was the worst, that ALWAYS turned up, was this:

I went to see Wishbone Ash nearly 50 years ago and the support band were Stackridge [you couldn't get a bigger contrast] . Most people were still in the venue bars but on a rare occasion for me I decided to watch the support boy was I glad I did . There debut album is still way up there in my top 10 and I play it regularly so I am adding a song from their debut album with added bonus that it comes with an animated film produced by some Children.

Have to say, any fan of Neil Young and Devo is a friend of mine. Are you a Misfits fan Ferret? Captain Beefheart? Dead Kennedys?

Have to say, any fan of Neil Young and Devo is a friend of mine. Are you a Misfits fan Ferret? Captain Beefheart? Dead Kennedys?
Dead Kennedy’s i like. I must admit to not being a fan of the Misfits but then again i haven’t really given them much of a listen. I like a bit of an eclectic mix these days but always fall back on the groups i used to go and see... Clash/ Damned/ Stranglers/PIL/DEVO/Morrissey/ Mighty Wah/Beat/Specials/Ruts. I still go to the occasional gig but usually go to little festivals. I have seen the reformed Damned, Ruts, UK Subs, Specials recently. It’s probably not going to happen here in the UK but I would love to see DEVO again. I saw the footage from their gig in the USA last year and it looked great.

Back