The Summerwine.net music thread

Saw a band a few times over the years Hayseed Dixie who play rock anthems in a bluegrass /country style thought I would put an example on here searched for Thunderstruck but found this version which is really good never heard of Steve N the Seagulls.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who is fed up with hearing Three Lions its on every show sung by kids, fans as well as Baddiel, Skinner and Ian Broudie so for me its time for a change and here are a couple of catchy choruses that fit the bill .

Clayhill - Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want. - YouTube
Just watched This is England for the umpteenth time. What a brilliant and underrated film. This song, co-written by Morrissey is sung by Clayhill near the end of the movie.
It wasn't just co-written by Morrissey (with Johnny Marr) it was also performed beautifully. The version on Hatful of Hollow LP is the best, but this is also lovely.
The Smiths - Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want - YouTube

Know Tony and certainly I are huge Fairport fans and Sandy Denny was such a beautiful singer , her voice is so crystal clear , some of the songs on Liege and Lief are just astounding .

Back