Compo's sandwich

I continue to struggle over what you mean by 'eligible' ramblings (or which epithet you intended). I certainly conjectured on 'indelicate' ramblings but thought you might be unprepared to admit your tendency to solecisms. They cannot be 'illegible' since we can read them, given that they are typed. Yes, I do admit we struggle at times. In the end I suppose my conclusion would be that you were seeking after 'unintelligible'. But as always, I could be lying.

And talking about lying, I was wandering through ASDA last evening and realised one cheese apart from Cheddar which I do approve of (whoops, make that read 'of which I do approve'), for sandwiches is Double Gloucester. But there is an element of convenience thing about it. What I buy is Double Gloucester cheese slices with onions and chives. Fit neatly into Warburtons' sandwich thins - the seeded variety of course.

I only realised recently that there is a Single Gloucester cheese.

Back to: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

Yee gads man.
I did mean illegible, I edited it when I got up this morning and noticed my grammar. Hold on I'm just Googling solecisms ! I'll be back. :eek:

OK Wikipedia were rubbish, didn't understand a word that said!!

According to the English Oxford Dictionary I believe you are inferring that I don't speak proppa :D

Well I'm not surprised really but what does surprise me is the gusto at which you acknowledge I that I am wrong when I admit I'm wrong and still seem to be pointing out that I'm wrong in the first place :confused: even though I have admitted I'm wrong and I'm saying so, you contradict that by telling me I'm wrong when I know I'm wrong in the first place. :35: :p:p:p Even if I did use the wrong word which I know is wrong and have apologise, well not so much as apologise has admit it was wrong even EVENNNNN when you ruled out the word i meant in the first place. :42:

Re the cheese, I didn't know you get singe Gloucester either and no I don't like it in sandwiches because it's chuwy :30:

Oh by the way..... I really really do love you :D

OK Wikipedia were rubbish, didn't understand a word that said!!

According to the English Oxford Dictionary I believe you are inferring that I don't speak proppa :D

Well I'm not surprised really but what does surprise me is the gusto at which you acknowledge I that I am wrong when I admit I'm wrong and still seem to be pointing out that I'm wrong in the first place :confused: even though I have admitted I'm wrong and I'm saying so, you contradict that by telling me I'm wrong when I know I'm wrong in the first place. :35: :p:p:p Even if I did use the wrong word which I know is wrong and have apologise, well not so much as apologise has admit it was wrong even EVENNNNN when you ruled out the word i meant in the first place. :42:

Re the cheese, I didn't know you get singe Gloucester either and no I don't like it in sandwiches because it's chuwy :30:

Oh by the way..... I really really do love you :D

As Manuel might have said Que?

Exactly, I have no idea what he's going on about sometimes Barmpot!! I have to sit here with a dictionary :13:

However I like cheese but I am not meant to eat it - so all this talk of double gloucester, single gloucester, lancashire, cheddar, stilton, wensleydale, red leicester, derbyshire (all ones I have enjoyed in the past) is not doing any favours for my tastebuds which are crying out for cheese and my head which is saying "the doctor says no"!!

However I like cheese but I am not meant to eat it - so all this talk of double gloucester, single gloucester, lancashire, cheddar, stilton, wensleydale, red leicester, derbyshire (all ones I have enjoyed in the past) is not doing any favours for my tastebuds which are crying out for cheese and my head which is saying "the doctor says no"!!

Sorry Barmpot, actually it tastes disgusting .... Yakkk :02::20:

My latest erudite experiment with creating a portable comestable for personal consumption by a person of the singular vernacular.Cheddar, cheese, ham, radishes,cucumber,lettice,and mayonnaise.Great dexterity is required to control this large creation as the mayonnaise can easily spread onto ones digits.My household management team supplied suitable coverings to cover just washed garments and a good lunch was enjoyed.:29:

My latest erudite experiment with creating a portable comestable for personal consumption by a person of the singular vernacular.Cheddar, cheese, ham, radishes,cucumber,lettice,and mayonnaise.Great dexterity is required to control this large creation as the mayonnaise can easily spread onto ones digits.My household management team supplied suitable coverings to cover just washed garments and a good lunch was enjoyed.:29:

Are you sure your name isn't Dagwood Bumstead?

Marianna

All this talk about Compo's sandwhich ignores the real
(REAL !!!) standout attribute.

Especially in the early programs, look at the crusts. The
Bread!! The bread slices are HUGE!! Look about an inch
thick each slice.

All this talk about Compo's sandwhich ignores the real
(REAL !!!) standout attribute.

Especially in the early programs, look at the crusts. The
Bread!! The bread slices are HUGE!! Look about an inch
thick each slice.

Remember in Who's watching Cafe', Compo had that guys bread with the thumbprint, It was cut the same. That was a lot of bread for a sandwich.:30:

The look on the chaps face when it arrived was a picture and having Compo gurning at you with Foggy in a pinny is enough to put you off food for life!::hungry:

Yeah, definitely loose the appetite, and wonder if Compo ever washed his hands!!!:eek:

Your supposed to wash your hands????? :biggrin: No way, that just adds taste and helps build your immune system, least that's what I tell the wife. :42:

I grew up on Colby Longhorn cheese, I eat German bologna (because it smells bad and my kids won't steal it while I'm not looking) and Longhorn cheese sandwiches for lunch almost everyday. At out local grocery store, they sell a sub sauce that I love so I add that.
I make a very thick sandwich with a thick sub roll, my little tribute to compo :biggrin:

Today I have mostly been making salad sandwiches ,lettuce,radish,tomato,red pepper,marinated in balsamic vinegar,brown bread with Trouchon ham .The management said she enjoyed them.Tomorrow I am visiting the food hall in M&S to select the ingredients for tomorrows creation I think beef will be part of the sandwich,will have to think what else will go in.Will post tomorrow when decisions made.:biggrin:

Is that the same thing as liverwurst? If not, you ought to try it. Yet another deli item that will put your kids off.

Your supposed to wash your hands????? :biggrin: No way, that just adds taste and helps build your immune system, least that's what I tell the wife. :42:

I grew up on Colby Longhorn cheese, I eat German bologna (because it smells bad and my kids won't steal it while I'm not looking) and Longhorn cheese sandwiches for lunch almost everyday. At out local grocery store, they sell a sub sauce that I love so I add that.
I make a very thick sandwich with a thick sub roll, my little tribute to compo :biggrin:

German Bologna....I wonder if that is similar to what they have in Eastern Pennsylvania known as "Lebanon Bologna" (Lebanon referring tot he town in PA, not the country). Is it red?

Growing up in Lancaster PA, Lebanon Bologna and the similar Sweet Bologna were the staple cold sliced meats. I got so tired of it growing up, but started missing it like crazy once I moved away. What I really liked was taking a slice of this bologna, spreading cream cheese and a line of mustard on it and rolling it up and eating it.

From watching KUA and As Time Goes By, I am curious about cucumber and water crest sandwiches. How are these prepared? What is in them besides the obvious?

From watching KUA and As Time Goes By, I am curious about cucumber and water crest sandwiches. How are these prepared? What is in them besides the obvious?

Usually two slices of bread, buttered with thinly sliced, peeled cucumber sprinkled with watercress and salted and the crusts cut off and cut into triangles. We usually only have them when the Queen is coming to tea :D

It is seen has a posh sandwich, in this house we don't usually have them but now and then I like tomato, cucumber and salad cream sandwiches with a hard boiled egg. :)

I always cut my sandwiches in triangles but thats just being posh :D

but now and then I like tomato, cucumber and salad cream sandwiches with a hard boiled egg. :)

:D

Do you have the egg on the sandwich or on the side? Now that our tomatoes are coming in the garden,my husband will fix a tomato sandwich with Mayonaise. Good eatin:21:

Ahhh I checked to see exactly what German Bologna is. We just call it "bologna". Not the same as the bolognas I mentioned.

Back