Compo's sandwich

Especially in batter - spam fritters. Highly unhealthy as the SPAM was a mix of chopped ham and pork (although isn't ham a form of pig meat as is pork?)

I seem to recall having those for school lunch in the 1950s.:21: :21:

Yes ham is pork so i'm not sure how that works ???

Also recently I've seen something called Chicken Flavored Ham ???What ever that is?

Spam was the staple in our house after the war fried,and in salads but by the sixties tinned ham had taken over (Old Oak) brand lovely with jelly but could be salty.Did any of you use the tinned pies cant remember the brand still around but not good quality very little filling compared to twenty years ago.Corn beef is my favourite salt and pepper with Branston pickle in brown bread ,maybe a tomato sliced on it as well.::)

Spam was the staple in our house after the war fried,and in salads but by the sixties tinned ham had taken over (Old Oak) brand lovely with jelly but could be salty.Did any of you use the tinned pies cant remember the brand still around but not good quality very little filling compared to twenty years ago.Corn beef is my favourite salt and pepper with Branston pickle in brown bread ,maybe a tomato sliced on it as well.::)

Fray Bentos, my dad loves them.

Back