50 Golden Summers Celebration Weekend (26-28 May)

Great video Drew! The lot is even bigger than I thought. Funny twist with the squatters. :)

Thank you Chris (Barry) for saving a bit of Summer Wine history. :18:

Haha, I just noticed what I did with the word play... Chris (Barry) => Chris Barrie => Red Dwarf. :rolling:

My curiosity has the better of me so please forgive me . Aside from the wonderful Jonathan and Ken Kitson , did any other cast members come along to the celebration and how were they, well I hope . Thank you for any information. :)

Last edited:
Great video Drew! The lot is even bigger than I thought. Funny twist with the squatters. :)

Thank you Chris (Barry) for saving a bit of Summer Wine history. :18:

Haha, I just noticed what I did with the word play... Chris (Barry) => Chris Barrie => Red Dwarf. :rolling:

When you get the bench if you add a barbecue as well will you be smoking some kippers on there? I'm sure Terry and Co will be back for breakfast. :fp: :tw:

My curiosity has the better of me so please forgive me . Aside from the wonderful Jonathan and Ken Kitson , did any other cast members come along to the celebration and how were they, well I hope . Thank you for any information. :)
No they were the only main cast sadly, David Fenwick from FOTSW was there. Bearing in mind Ken Kitson has had serious health issues recently he looked in amazing health and was as bright as a button. He comes across as a real comedian and had us all in stitches. Jonathan was absolutely brilliant, he had time for everyone who spoke with him and worked so hard. One evening he was on stage doing his presentation, the next day he was sat on the door checking everyones tickets!!!!

Lol I don't think I've ever had that. I've had smoked salmon in a Philadelphia roll but I don't think I've had any other smoked fish. I bet it's good tho. I'm the type of person who will try any food once so if I ever get a chance to try a kipper, you bet I'll be trying it! Lol

Back on thread, Roy Clarke recorded a very short message to all the fans for the event which was played at the end of the Wino's show. I thought this was very moving and although brief was a lovely touch. Is there anyway this could be shared if possible? Perhaps @DrewTheWino would consider sharing the recording with this forum or on their YouTube page.

I'm in the midst of putting together a long report on the festival that will include Roy's message as part of it. It may take me a few days!

Nice! While you guys were doing that, I was getting ready to go to my boyfriend's apartment. I'm doing the same thing this week just with a different dress. I've got the same problems I had last week tho. Should I wear my hair up or down and where is my favorite lipgloss? Lol

Plans have been drawn up for some time, to have a special event in Holmfirth on the spring bank holiday this year (May 27-29th), though things sound promising nothing has been set in stone yet regarding who will be there and what will be happening.
I feel the need to advise members that with luck this will happen and if you want to pop along or book accommodation, being a bank holiday it could in many places already be booked up.
I think if nothing else if members are they we can arrange our own events, maybe some location trips etc, supper around the campfires.
So can I presume that during the spring bank holiday that one sits on the bank of the river and watches errant bottles with notes in them go by?

Back