Documentaries about Summer Wine

... and back to documentaries:
Watch out in January 2023 for the start of a new 18-part Summer Wine documentary on YouTube.
A short piece of filming took place today of Edies Pegdens Original car that was used in 'Edie & the automobile' & many other20220823_141452.jpg episodes. WRH132J was again under the spotlight, being filmed by Peter and narrated by our very own 'theatrically_inclined' Leigh.
Thanks to both for their time, expence and effort put into doing this, for what will be just a 1 minute inclusion in the 2023 documentaries.20220823_152425.jpg20220823_152812.jpg

A short piece of filming took place today of Edies Pegdens Original car that was used in 'Edie & the automobile' & many otherView attachment 5344 episodes. WRH132J was again under the spotlight, being filmed by Peter and narrated by our very own 'theatrically_inclined' Leigh.
Thanks to both for their time, expence and effort put into doing this, for what will be just a 1 minute inclusion in the 2023 documentaries.View attachment 5342View attachment 5343
Bless you Graham, I can tell by looking at the car you've polished it to perfection, Wesley would be looking down on you so proud, Edie on the other hand wouldn't let you onto her kitchen floor in those mucky shoes :p

I am back in Summer Wine country Friday to Sunday (2 - 4, September 2022) for some more filming for the documentary videos.
If you are around and see me, I don't bite but I might be a bit flustered as it's a solo-shoot. I'll be back with cameraman Pete, probably in a few weeks.

Just back from 3 days in Yorkshire, having been swearing a lot.
Swearing at:
  • the 25 steps from the car park down to my accommodation and the two flights of stairs up to my room, putting me back on the same level as my car*,
  • the battery dying on No1 camera, and having to walk 200 yards to the car to get a fresh one,
  • getting all set up for one shot to realise I've got the wrong shirt on (continuity) and - yes - walking 200 yards back to the car to change,
  • realising that I was out of synch with the record start / stop button and I'd just recorded me faffing about and not the actual content,
  • noticing the battery low light on the radio mic transmitter - how am I supposed to see that when its behind me all day?
  • the teleprompter for going too fast, or stopping for no reason,
  • the rain: I left the car passenger door and tailgate open and I got soaked anyway - 2 mins later, bright sunshine.
Not that I complain at all.
Ever.
These projects always seem destined to give me headaches, and knee- and back-aches!

I'll be back there again soonish!

(* I'm slightly mobility impaired)

Back