The Cafe

C

Compo

People don't live forever and many move just like Nora did. So i was thinking with all the talk about Ivy's health etc, if her character had to die or be unable to work, who would you think replace her at the cafe? I could see Pearl running it as she is as tough as Ivy when dealing with unruly customers. Glenda is also a possibility..

I think Foggy would have fancied himself in charge :) Has he did in Who's Looking After the Cafe Then. ;D

People don't live forever and many move just like Nora did. So i was thinking with all the talk about Ivy's health etc, if her character had to die or be unable to work, who would you think replace her at the cafe? I could see Pearl running it as she is as tough as Ivy when dealing with unruly customers. Glenda is also a possibility..

I guess out of the existing cast, Stella would be the best choice.

I guess out of the existing cast, Stella would be the best choice.

Not a bad idea but the Cafe is smoke free. She would be spending more time in the kitchen smoking up. But it is a good one.

If there was another series, I'd quite like Alvin and Stella to become an item and making a go of running the Cafe together, so we can get back to some Sid and Ivy style domestic arguments behind that door involving trays and rolling pins!
Entwistle could be allowed to graze and pasture in the Cafe as the regular barmpot in there, get Billy back to play with Hobbo and let Barry become the third member of the team. We have a stronger trio and continuity then.

If there was another series, I'd quite like Alvin and Stella to become an item and making a go of running the Cafe together, so we can get back to some Sid and Ivy style domestic arguments behind that door involving trays and rolling pins!
Entwistle could be allowed to graze and pasture in the Cafe as the regular barmpot in there, get Billy back to play with Hobbo and let Barry become the third member of the team. We have a stronger trio and continuity then.

Agreeing with Chuffer whole-heartedly! Great cafe ideas and despite some age variations, I could see Hobbo, Barry, and Billy as a trio!

That sounds quite an idea - often thoguth Barry woudl make a very good part of a new younger trio ...

Hobbo and Barry as part of a trio could work as only year between Mike Grady and Russ Abbot in real life

I see Barry taking early retirement from the pressures of the Building Society and joining the trio, I think that would utilise his character to the best potential. I'd love to see Billy back if there was another series and I'd like to see Ros back if Doras health allowed it.

Failing that, Lenny as the last piece of the trio with Hobbo and Billy.

Failing that, Lenny as the last piece of the trio with Hobbo and Billy.
Hobbo and Barry as part of a trio could work as only year between Mike Grady and Russ Abbot in real life

I see Barry taking early retirement from the pressures of the Building Society and joining the trio, I think that would utilise his character to the best potential. I'd love to see Billy back if there was another series and I'd like to see Ros back if Doras health allowed it.

My sentiments exactly. I am dreaming of network executives reading these posts and contacting Clarke, etc. and running with the idea!!!

Somehow, I see Pearl taking charge of the Cafe and having Howard running it with her... aka.. doing the dishes, being the waiter and of course making catering deliveries.. All under Pearl's thumb.. With or without Marina being an addition.

Auntie takes over the cafe ,prices go through the roof,portions shrink ,and loans are offerred with a cup of tea.Smiler as head waiter,Tom is chef ,the junk shop is moved to premises in the square so as to be nearby for Auntie to keep an eye on.What a thaught this could be start of an empire ending up with Auntie taking on a motorway service staton,their prices make you think she owns them already.

And would Auntie be selling PASTIES??? You know it would be a farce but cannot see that happening at all. The business wouldn't last... LOL

Auntie would only sell good quality Yorkshire food ,no foreign food like pasties mark you I bet she would find a way of keeping the vat.What if Barry and Glenda took over all would be well but Glenda would newspaper down as her mother did and Truly can be security ,

Barry and Glenda to take over the Cafe isn't a bad shout actually. I still tyhink that Barry could be utilised better, but it's not a bad idea.

Speakin of the cafe does anyone know if the Compo figure is back out side yet.Had my pic taken with it a couple of years ago but i heard it has been removed. :)

Back