The Mysterious Feet of Nora Batty

Beth

Dedicated Member
I just saw this episode for the first time. There are so many."one liners"!
:D
I love the part of the show where they are Edie's. Cleggy commenting on when Foggy tells him to Shut Up and that it makes him feel secure. He is such a good actor. They all were. Just had to share.

When I complete seeing all the episodes, which I have only seen half I believe, there will be no way I could pick favorites.

Oh, I agree, bwin. However, the early Foggy, Compo, Clegg years are THE best. I find hardly any humor in the Entwhistle, etc. years. All those guys are really boring compared to what we had. ~~~~ gobble gobble.

This is one of the best episodes of the whole series! I never get tired of seeing it!

I know I have watched it 3 times just today! ::)

I just have to admire Roy Clarke. What an imagination.

I have to agree with you Elmc; these episodes in the 80's are great but I still liked Billy, Alvin and Truly of the Yard.
;)

I'm off on a bit of a tangent(only a bit of one ;) ) The gist of the story is that they try to get to know the size of Norahs feet from good old Wally. Course he doesn't know,which leads to a lot of fun . My question is , how many of our married friends know the size of their other halfs feet?I dont know if it makes me odd or a good husband but I knew the size of my wifes feet and the size of her "foundation garments". Thats enough bragging Dick lets see if anyone else knows. :-[ ;D ;) ;)

I am divorced from my husband now but was married to him for 21 years. I knew his shoe size. He didn't know my shoe size though. Just to clarify t hat is not why we divorced.

;D

So long as you're happy now Beth :)
thank you Dick.

I meant to come out funny but it was difficult at the time. It was almost 5 years ago. He was very controlling and disrespectful to me. My oldest started talking to me the. same way. I lost my husband but gained the respect of my children. Hope I didn't share too much.

My life is happier now. Thank you Dick for your concern. I think I changed the subject this time.

My ex could though buy clothes for me and my girls and they always fit. They also were always color coordinated better than I could do.

After the divorce I asked if be would still buy my clothes but he wouldn't do it. (Just kidding)

I must admit to having my wife along if I went to buy new clothes( just like with Barry and his suit ) what I picked did not always gel with her taste ;)

So long as you're happy now Beth :)
thank you Dick.

I meant to come out funny but it was difficult at the time. It was almost 5 years ago. He was very controlling and disrespectful to me. My oldest started talking to me the. same way. I lost my husband but gained the respect of my children. Hope I didn't share too much.

My life is happier now. Thank you Dick for your concern. I think I changed the subject this time.

It sound like you did the right thing for you and your children and if you came out of it with your sense of humour intact then your doing a great :D the very best of luck to you.

Its one of my top 5 episodes too I just love the kitchen scene with Nora and Wally :D

I do know the shoe size of my husband and would like to think that after being together for 35 years he know's mine but we all have a bit of denial in our lives and this is probably part of mine, he's at work at the mo but I'll ask him when he gets home. I shall stand at the door with a tin tray and pounce has soon has he walks in :D :D

Beth, like you I have been watching Summer Wine for a few years now. I am approximately on my 5th rotation of the show and just watched Mysterious Feet again last week. I have seen it a few times before but the last time I watched it, about a year ago, was when I discovered it really is one of the all time great episodes!

Its one of my top 5 episodes too I just love the kitchen scene with Nora and Wally :D

Yes! That is such a hystyerical scene. The Wally and Nora scenes really developed in Series 8 and having just caught the opener of Series 9, I see those scenes continue strong in quality, but at times lacking in quantity.

quote author=bwingate link=topic=3312.msg41556#msg41556 date=1374451034]
My ex could though buy clothes for me and my girls and they always fit. They also were always color coordinated better than I could do.

After the divorce I asked if be would still buy my clothes but he wouldn't do it. (Just kidding)
[/quote]

Well Beth, I believe Summer Wine is the right show for you because it really seems to glorify single life and put a dark outlok on married life (case in point- Set the People Free)

I'm off on a bit of a tangent(only a bit of one ;) ) The gist of the story is that they try to get to know the size of Norahs feet from good old Wally. Course he doesn't know,which leads to a lot of fun . My question is , how many of our married friends know the size of their other halfs feet?I dont know if it makes me odd or a good husband but I knew the size of my wifes feet and the size of her "foundation garments". Thats enough bragging Dick lets see if anyone else knows. :-[ ;D ;) ;)

Know my good ladies - partly because they are not always available in all styles, size 8. These days with her illness I have to shop for her mostly so need to know the size requirements.

My favorite part of this episode is when Foggy is trying to get Wally to see a mental picture of Nora's feet, but the mental picture Compo is getting of Nora in her nightie and curlers is driving him batty (pun intended). He tells him twice to shut up when he gets too carried away,, very funny!! :D :D

So many funny ...I loved the m. isunderstanding where Wally is talking about his pigeons and the group initially had asked him about Nora.

This is a Summer wine classic and one of my favourite episodes from the whole programme.One of the bits that stand out for me is the wonderful Joe Gladwin/Wally when sitting at the table in the pub."i'd have to stand there helpless.Helpless!.She could have the bloke mauled to death before I could pull her off" ;D ;D.Never tire of watching this episode.

Hector.

This is a Summer wine classic and one of my favourite episodes from the whole programme.One of the bits that stand out for me is the wonderful Joe Gladwin/Wally when sitting at the table in the pub."i'd have to stand there helpless.Helpless!.She could have the bloke mauled to death before I could pull her off" ;D ;D.Never tire of watching this episode.

Hector.
Absolutely!
:D

So many funny ...I loved the m. isunderstanding where Wally is talking about his pigeons and the group initially had asked him about Nora.

Hector.

This discussion relates to my Season 8 thread. Wally and Nora were so hilarious. DOn't you think these characters were underused overall (particularly thinking of Series 8 and 9).

Yes, I think so also. Even though I first started watching this great show in the Truly era, over the past several years are the older ones that, basically, all the Compo years.
I absolutely love any scenes that have Wally, Sid, and Wesley in them, and wish they could have used them more that they did.

Back