Wesleys' music

brendalovescompo

Dedicated Member
Does anyone know if the music that Wesley 8) plays in the Range Rover, for a while it seemed it was the same tune. We just watched C.W. Norththrop and my husband loves Wesley jammin to the hard rock. 8) Is it a group? or do you think it is from Ronnie Hazelhurst orchestra?

well Brenda looked and listened and it just seems to be noise, cant make anything of it, might well be Ronnie Hazlehurst, I think it wouldn't be difficult to do...by the way you said "range rover"...Wesley would have been horrified, definitely a utilitarian "landrover man" :D

Wesley,s music was horrible a real grotty noise and should have been banned because of noise pollution!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LOL, my bad gremlin, :-[ , wasn't even thinking. Yes Wesley would be appalled. :respect: to Wesley. The music just sound like a bunch of random heavy metal ,yes it is abrasive, he would love to tool around in his Challenger wearing his Compo hat jammin away!!! 8), Thanks.

His music is just like his land rovers horrible every vehicle he owned or repaired was wreck and that applies to his music. :-\

Yes amos he always seem to be enjoying himself. : ;D
That is why I like Wesley. I laugh out loud everytime I hear him blasting his music (I do the same when I hear my favorite "classic" rock music), and when he has smoke coming off his cap walking out of his shed. :D

well bwingate and Brenda I have to agree that Wesley always made me laugh, one of my favourite characters and the rawness of his broken down vehicles and his tatty shed and his enjoyment/satisfaction with his lot has always left me warm ;D ;D ;D ;D

agree with all, his rover was always breaking down ,always carrying around tools just in case. I love his smile. Happy to get out from Edie thumb. I like when he sticks out his lower lip when she is asking what he is doing. " What, Im busy", what do you want?". ;D, and with all the smoke and explosions, surprised no hospital runs.

As a fellow mechanic, I feel a special kinship with Wesley. Also it's true,as with Wesley, that all friends and family want discounted or free work on their vehicles,,haha.
But to say his Land Rover was a wreck seems a bit much, as it always was there to help everyone out of trouble.
As Wesley would say, "To you, it may be just an old Land Rover, to me it's a Ferrari in overalls".
:D :D ;D ;D

Although I don't like his music I do like seeing Wesley he was a happy chap who indeed would help anybody although some of Foggys ideas did try his patience ie the tractor wheel.

Yes Wesley did for everyone. The Land Rover was always there to help all out. ;D I'm a mach one, man, HP, torque, etc... he would smile in a dreamy state when he would say that about Ferrari in coveralls. ;D He was happy doing his thing. What was Wesley retired from? I know it was mentioned in a show. Can't remember what his occupation was.

It was mentioned by Sid that he retired in Car and Garder, but I am not sure they said what he retired from....hmm

Yes that the first we see of Wesley. That was the one. I just checked and Sid just says retired from work. Was probably a journeyman of some sort. " She's a beast is that", "Power". They brought him in full of energy, and love for tinkering.

Think that Edie said he worked at the gas board because she negotiated his pay rise and all his mates asked her to get them a pay rise!

Yes, that sound familiar Chris. I remember her talking about negotiating pay now. So working for the Gas Board he probably supervised a group that worked on the lines that go to the homes possibly. Sounds good to me.

What is a gas board? Is it like a energy source for the city?

The Gas Board was a name used to desribe the then UK nationalised energy company that provided the whole country's gas supply. Each designated area of the country had its own Gas Board, but there was only one national supplier. From just after the war up to the 1980's, all of the UK's energy supply was in the hands of the state, they were then privatised by the Conservative Government after 1979. So now we have gas companies that provide electricity and vice versa and we supposedly now have competition and choice of supplier. Most of these companies are now stock market quoted.

Back