Summer Wine A-Z Game

lol . . yes, Big Unc . . just having fun. . .

and can you tell me, speaking of the spelling garde . . why is that on the sides of police cars, say like in Ireland?

lol . . yes, Big Unc . . just having fun. . .

and can you tell me, speaking of the spelling garde . . why is that on the sides of police cars, say like in Ireland?
An Garda Síochána is Gaelic; meaning "the Guardian of the Peace"), more commonly referred to as the Gardaí ([ˈɡaːɾˠd̪ˠiː] gar-DEE, "Guardians"), is the police force of Ireland. The service is headed by the Garda Commissioner who is appointed by the Irish government. Its headquarters are in the Phoenix Park in Dublin.
t8pLVNu.jpg

An Garda Síochána is Gaelic; meaning "the Guardian of the Peace"), more commonly referred to as the Gardaí ([ˈɡaːɾˠd̪ˠiː] gar-DEE, "Guardians"), is the police force of Ireland.

Just finished reading "White Bones" by Graham Masterton featuring the Gardaí in Cork.

Oh, thank you so much for that, John. And Big Unc, I have family that came over from Cork in the early 1900's. Me gram, lol

Oh, thank you so much for that, John. And Big Unc, I have family that came over from Cork in the early 1900's. Me gram, lol

Sure my mother came from Caherconlish, County Limerick. So I am Anglo-Irish living in Scotland. I have cousins in Shannonbridge, Co. Offaly, Moneygall, Co. Tipperary and Bray, County Wicklow. (Before anyone quibbles, I know most of Moneygall is in Co. Offaly, but my cousin lives just across the border, which does a wee bit wiggle around there, in Co Tipperary.)

Hope to get across for Ireland v Scotland in the Six Nations.

can you get the 'subtickles' on your screen? I can
No but I do need it because thereare times I don't understand what they are saying but I get what is happening. I am picking up some of the language and use them just for fun. ;D. I just make sure I am spelling it or saying it correctly. I have embarrassed myself. Just ask Dick and Susan. lol

::) ::)

can you get the 'subtickles' on your screen? I can
No but I do need it because thereare times I don't understand what they are saying but I get what is happening. I am picking up some of the language and use them just for fun. ;D. I just make sure I am spelling it or saying it correctly. I have embarrassed myself. Just ask Dick and Susan. lol

::) ::)
Well, Beth, I purchased some of LOSW here in the U.S. ~~ then somehow I bought some from Amazon U.K. or somewhere over there and it wouldn't play on my player . . so I bought a new player that was ALL REGIONS and the remote has an option to play the subtitles. I was so delighted. Having said that . . there are some episodes where they did not put the captioning in. But it is funny how wrongly some were 'transcribed'. In 'Ferret Come Home' when Nora wails to Wally, "I don't know how you can stand there when a man leers at your wife." Wally says replies, "I can only marvel at the QUIRKNESS of his taste." They wrote in QUAINTNESS instead.

Back