Summer Wine Decanted

You knew what you were getting with the Fast Show ... and it was well written. As a sketch show it didn't need the full set up - two smartly dressed men in a gents' outfitters, ah, they're the salesmen.
The format was an accident - they threw together some clips to get a commission and the "fast" delivery became their selling point.
I wonder how the instant gratification generation would find one of Ronnie Corbetts meandering monologues??????

The master of dragged out punchlines was Dave Allen, in my opinion.

Think Les Dawson gave him a run for his money his delivery meandered to a conclusion. I am a huge fan of the Fast Show but whilst they deliver things expediently there is no preview before the sketch started . I just feel it detracts from the anticipation and enjoyment of the reveal it is a recent trend with the shows I mentioned in particular so if they have been so successful in the past why change it.

My Summer Wine Decanted book arrived. Very pleased, high quality construction. Equally as nice if not better than any other paperback book I have. In the back it says made here in the U.S., North Haven Connecticut on 13 November 2023. Same day I ordered, so fresh off the presses. :)

Thicker than I expected at 200 something pages - just over 1/2" or 15mm. Did not check the page count when I ordered. Was ordering it to help support a fellow Summer Wine fan and a friend who has created an excellent documentary about our beloved show. Print font is great and easy to read, a thing I am becoming more aware of as I get older. The book publishers did good.
Kudos to Leigh and Peter for creating Summer Wine Decanted, both videos and book, and sharing it with us. :18:

My Summer Wine Decanted book arrived. Very pleased, high quality construction. Equally as nice if not better than any other paperback book I have. In the back it says made here in the U.S., North Haven Connecticut on 13 November 2023. Same day I ordered, so fresh off the presses. :)

Thicker than I expected at 200 something pages - just over 1/2" or 15mm. Did not check the page count when I ordered. Was ordering it to help support a fellow Summer Wine fan and a friend who has created an excellent documentary about our beloved show. Print font is great and easy to read, a thing I am becoming more aware of as I get older. The book publishers did good.
Kudos to Leigh and Peter for creating Summer Wine Decanted, both videos and book, and sharing it with us. :18:
Thank you Rick!
Compliments are always welcome, really pleased you like the book!

If you want to buy my book outside of UK, you can use the UK Amazon link and select your country at the top of the page.
Alternatively, search for "Summer Wine Decanted" and suppliers in other countries will come up in search results, and at different prices.

Back