The Summerwine.net music thread

Remember watching a Whistle Test special years ago with Whispering Bob in Macon Georgia featured Skynyrd , Dickie Betts from the Alman's [sporting a black eye if I recall] Elvin Bishop and many others but for me the stand out moment was a live number from a band called Stillwater I hadn't heard of but I remember the performance to this day because of the guitar work .

I am a huge Dan fan and with little or no chance of seeing Fagen and session guys playing in the UK I have to satisfy my quest by watching these guys who visit my city annually in September . Apologies this isn't the best video singer seems a tad flat but musically its as close as it gets . One anecdote when lockdown came and they couldn't earn music touring they took jobs on building sites labouring :oops::oops: what a risk could have easily damaged their hands .

Excellent stuff. Sounds like he's got a bit of a sore maybe itchy throat but still sounds good. I pick up my guitar and unless my hands have fallen off I'm good to go but vocalists don't have that luxury and they have to maintain it like a highly tuned supercar and this is right across the board from jazz to rock and even punk. A guitarist etc can get away with off days but vocalists can't. An unenviable job.

Ooh! We have a music thread! My taste in music is a little mixed up, but I was listening to this while I was doing an assignment and, as someone who struggles with mental illness and addiction, it really spoke me. Plus I grew up watching Selena Gomez on Disney Channel before she became a singer so I kind of have to like her music! Lol

You guys are sharing lots of cool music! I just have random stuff I listen to while I'm doing homework! Lol This one kind of reminds me of my ex! Lol

Back