50 Golden Summers Celebration Weekend (26-28 May)

What concerns me is how easy it would be to damage/deface, I thought many moons ago with the fund raising it was going to be a statue

Thank you so much Sarah and Graham for posting , as I recall the eyes just don't look right too far apart but as you say Graham its there as a memory of the show.

So many photos taken over the weekend but this is my favorite with a great prop 'Waldo' that was brought along by a fan.
The chap who owns it is called Darren, I went to his talk at Holmfirth library today. He's a really lovely superfan and he was very open about his mental health issues and how LOTSW probably saved his life in the depths of depression. A really uplifting story and just one of the brilliant events this weekend.

Thanks, I didn't know his name or that he was doing a talk. Just after that photo was taken he also made a marriage proposal outside Sids, so high emotions.
I'm so pleased that LOTSW helped him. He also made my day by bringing Waldo along!

That's really cool that Summer Wine has helped someone else with mental health issues. I know it's helped me a lot. I struggled to go in Starbucks today because there were a lot of people in there but I just sat down and browsed the forum on my phone while I was waiting for my order to be ready and it calmed my anxiety. I really wanted my white chocolate macadamia cold brew and the drive thru line was too long so I had no choice but to go in! Lol Also, isn't that the dog puppet that Tom had when he was first introduced? Or am I thinking of something else?

That's really cool that Summer Wine has helped someone else with mental health issues. I know it's helped me a lot. I struggled to go in Starbucks today because there were a lot of people in there but I just sat down and browsed the forum on my phone while I was waiting for my order to be ready and it calmed my anxiety. I really wanted my white chocolate macadamia cold brew and the drive thru line was too long so I had no choice but to go in! Lol Also, isn't that the dog puppet that Tom had when he was first introduced? Or am I thinking of something else?
That was Tom's ventriloquist's dummy, Waldo.

Cool article! I saw it last night but didn't get to read it (I was wasted) but I read it just now and honestly I had no idea people came from that many different places to Holmfirth. That's so cool!

Back