Summer Wine Decanted

I have prime at the moment as they had a special offer just before prime day, at the moment I can get the book for £9.99p with no other shipping cost, I think the £20 minimum was for areas that can get same day delivery

Is everyone excited about Sunday evening's special live chat event yet? I might sit in the bath tub especially for the interview. Although, did anyone actually ride down a hill in a bath tub in the show or is it just one of those made up myths like hiding behind the sofa for Doctor Who? I'm sure Leigh will know.

And, there's also going to be a secret link to a special out-takes video. I've seen it. It's quite funny. No bath tub, though.

On the subject of lost episodes

On BBC News today

It got me thinking there must be thousands of such recordings just hidden away in people's private collection . I also wondered what happened to Bob Monkhouse's collection of VHS tapes and films he recorded everything and had multiple video recorders running simultaneously there must be thousands of hours of old shows somewhere.

... what happened to Bob Monkhouse's collection of VHS tapes and films he recorded ...
Bob's collection was held by Kaleidoscope Publishing, including all the material previously held by the National Film and Television Archive (NFTVA). It was catalogued and restored to digital formats for a major event at British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) on 24 October 2009. https://www.tvbrain.info now hold the archive, but you need to register with their web site for details.

“The Last Drop” will be a special YouTube Premiere on Sunday 29 October 2023, at 7:00pm (GMT)
This is the final video in my “Summer Wine Decanted” series – join us from about 5pm on Sunday and you can chat with us and leave messages.

Bonus video: Bloopers – the bits you weren’t meant to see…

Last edited:
Just watched "The Last Drop". Wonderful! Both of you. And many thanks to @RickAns for the subtitles throughout the video series.

The bloopers episode had me in stitches with an undertone of empathy for having to be out in all kinds of weather and for having the tongue get tangled around the words in the script.

Last edited:
Just watched "The Last Drop". Wonderful! Both of you. And many thanks to @RickAns for the subtitles throughout the video series.

The bloopers episode had me in stitches with an undertone of empathy for having to be out in all kinds of weather and for having the tongue get tangled around the words in the script.
Thanks Marianna

A great way to wrap up an excellent series. Thank you for this. A nice. informal "fireside chat" about a show we hold dear.
Thanks Rick! I'm still not sure how the video came together, it was mostly luck I think!
Outstanding finale, thank you gents and thanks @RickAns for your efforts on the subtitles. Hope you didn't leg it before you paid for the tea :p
Dennis at the Wrinkled Stocking Tearoom let us have use of the place free of charge, which was very generous!

Even I thought the out-takes video was funny! did anyone get the Monty Python Flying Circus reference?
Great stuff Leigh, I've often wondered why there are so few outtakes/bloopers from LOTSW over all those years of filming.
I think whatever went on the cutting room floor was shredded and burnt! I, however, have every single take saved on a hard drive!

Back