Best one liners

Foggy: Holding hands is not an ideal that appeals instantly to the military mind. It is not natural. Hands are for twinge and strangling. 8)

If Foggy were to TWINGE with his hands; what would his hands be actually doing?

Foggy: Holding hands is not an ideal that appeals instantly to the military mind. It is not natural. Hands are for twinge and strangling. 8)

If Foggy were to TWINGE with his hands; what would his hands be actually doing?
I hope I spelled twinge right. He making a visual "judo chop" movement with his hands. I did it as a sounds like "twinge".

Foggy talking about Compo: Just for the moment he's lost his mental balance. He always struck me as someone who was liable to lose his mental balance. I mean, you are not going to tell me that those are the trousers of a rational human being.

Foggy: Of course I was using tactics so secretive, I still can't reveal the operational details. To the sentry, my lips must remain sealed.

If I didn't spell that right (sentry) or if I have the wrong word, let me know.

Compo to Nora: C'mon my little sweetie pie. You know I am not the marrying kind, but I might consider something with visiting priviliges.

Cleggy:I sometimes think that there is a hint of pessimism in Wally's makeup; something dark and Slovenic in his genes.
Compo: He doesn't wear jeans.

Truly;"Were you dressed for a funeral?"
Clegg;"I suppose you could say I'm always dressed for a funeral"

from Howard Throws a Wobbler

Edie: They think your up to something. They(the men) know what signs to look for. You know why they know the signs?, because they are always up to something!:32:

Nelly;"I didn't know Billy Hardcastle was practical"
Pearl; "Well you'd never mistake him for anything ornamental"

Nora to Compo: Get some clothes on! Why do you always look like what's left over after a fire?! ;D

Nelly; "Travis is quite a dainty eater, he can make a ginger biscuit last longer than a set of tyres" ;D

Back