June 201 ask onyx (John)

No questions at present John - but I have just had an interesting read through all 18 pages.

You are doing very well in your responses and it is not even half way through the month.

Keep it up.

No questions at present John - but I have just had an interesting read through all 18 pages.

You are doing very well in your responses and it is not even half way through the month.

Keep it up.
Thank you Barmpot, it's been an interesting experience so far :16:

I know what I wanted to ask you, what does the ONYX stand for?

See I can do sensible questions :D

I know what I wanted to ask you, what does the ONYX stand for?

See I can do sensible questions :D
Onyx is a semi-precious stone and just a name I started to use from the time I got my first pc. I just picked a short word as a user name. May I congratulate you on your new found sensibility:dance: It won't last will it?:confused::16:

Onyx is a semi-precious stone and just a name I started to use from the time I got my first pc. I just picked a short word as a user name. May I congratulate you on your new found sensibility:dance: It won't last will it?:confused::16:

Ermmm....... No..........

Yes I had often wondered - I have some onyx set cufflinks I acquired in 1964 or thereabouts which I still use ....

Daft question young John.....Do you pronounce it on.icks or as my wife used to insist it was pronounced onks?? :confused:

John :D

How's it going man?

Are you a Coke or Pepsi kinda guy?
Hi Pearl, I hope you enjoyed your Holmfirth pilgrimage today. Coke would be my first choice but Pepsi would do fine also. There's little to choose between the two I'd say, but some people feel there is and I'd say you might be one of those? A Pepsi drinker I'd guess?:confused:

On-icks Dick, I never thought about it any other way. Your wife may be right though, I have no idea:confused::16:
I was quite sure John that you and Dick were correct in your pronunciation but decided to check it in case I was wrong too.
Would you believe there is an 11 second YouTube video pronouncing it correctly. Now it's not your word against your wife's word.

Hi Pearl, I hope you enjoyed your Holmfirth pilgrimage today. Coke would be my first choice but Pepsi would do fine also. There's little to choose between the two I'd say, but some people feel there is and I'd say you might be one of those? A Pepsi drinker I'd guess?:confused:

OMG.......... Get out of my head! Pepsi all the way for me ;D;D

Back