June 201 ask onyx (John)

:30: cough...cough....cough Oh, I am not feeling very well. Darn curve balls..I think I forgot to exhale..

According to your answer on another thread, you are a man of many parts John . Freud and the Phaedra complex is deep stuff . What did you read at school / uni??:30::confused: Any classics??

The scene where Blamire is "playing the piano " very funny and beautifully done, but I don't think I have ever heard anything quite so excruciating !! makes me wonder if you play a musical instrument ??

I think the way Clegg was portrayed would have been hard to improve on............ He was also the essential common ground between Compo and the various third men, without Clegg I doubt the other two could have maintained their kinship for very long.

Agree with you John, I was just wondering since in the beginning Clegg was a bit more assertive when he talked to people, they went another direction with him. Totally agree he was essential for the trio to adhere!:wink:

According to your answer on another thread, you are a man of many parts John . Freud and the Phaedra complex is deep stuff . What did you read at school / uni??:30::confused: Any classics??
I never got as far as uni but I did complete my secondary school education where we read Hard Times by Charles Dickens and William Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice and Macbeth. I absolutely loved the language of Shakespeare and Macbeth in particular. My favourite work ever is To Kill a Mockingbird which is a truly beautiful book. But I am no academic Dick, I completed my secondary education and passed most subjects but I had to work very hard to achieve results.

The scene where Blamire is "playing the piano " very funny and beautifully done, but I don't think I have ever heard anything quite so excruciating !! makes me wonder if you play a musical instrument ??
I did play the piano accordion when I was a lot younger. I also had a guitar and was master of the 'three chord trick' but not much else.

Did you ever use to smoke? Cigarettes, or cigars?
Yes I did Brenda. Like an idiot I started smoking in my mid twenties and finally managed to quit in my late thirties. You have to have smoked to really appreciate how addictive they are and how so so difficult it is to stop. The craving gnaws away at you and you have to remain so strong for such a long time to kick the habit. So much easier never to start in the first place but once you start you're addicted before you even know it.

I never got as far as uni but I did complete my secondary school education where we read Hard Times by Charles Dickens and William Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice and Macbeth. I absolutely loved the language of Shakespeare and Macbeth in particular. My favourite work ever is To Kill a Mockingbird which is a truly beautiful book. But I am no academic Dick, I completed my secondary education and passed most subjects but I had to work very hard to achieve results.

I like your choice of book :)

Have you ever read The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne?

John, are you prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse?
Ah, the daily curve! Not Really Pearl. All I have to get 'tooled up' with is my Ken Hom stainless steel cleaver, but as I'm sure you know the undead are notoriously difficult to kill, mainly due to the fact they are already dead. :15:

You will not be surprised to learn that I am on a friends" To save list" when the Apocalypse arrives.
I'm going to be the camp cook. I don't think we'll be eating too much chinese food so you may want to man up and invest in an axe. :D

No, I had to Google it. You would recommend?

If you like the classics and feminism you'll enjoy it. Its my all time favourite.

If you read it please let me know as I've been dying to discuss it with someone but can't find anyone who's read it :unhappy:

All I get off my friends is " No not read that one but I've 50 shades" :02:

I need more intellectual friends ;D

You will not be surprised to learn that I am on a friends" To save list" when the Apocalypse arrives.
I'm going to be the camp cook. I don't think we'll be eating too much chinese food so you may want to man up and invest in an axe. :D
Save me some curried Zomie:16:

If you like the classics and feminism you'll enjoy it. Its my all time favourite.

If you read it please let me know as I've been dying to discuss it with someone but can't find anyone who's read it :unhappy:

Hey, I beg your pardon! ;D

..classics and FEMINISM? you're yankin my chain again.

Back