Best one liners

Foggy: You little devil you!
Compo: I was just trying to cheer her up by showing that she is still attractive to men!
:D

Pardon me if I don't have this down word for word, but here it is.....

Smiler: We were married for 33 years and we hit a rough patch.
Compo: for how long?
Smiler: 33 years

Pardon me if I don't have this down word for word, but here it is.....

Smiler: We were married for 33 years and we hit a rough patch.
Compo: for how long?
Smiler: 33 years

nearly right, when Smiler repied to how long he said 32 years, it was from "A Landlady for Smiler"

Wally: There's always a snag.
Sid: Have you ever thought about leaving her?
Wally: How can I? She's reduced me brains to jelly - I'm dependent on her.

(White man's grave)

I thought he'd been dead for years. Mind you there were several of our teachers who gave that impression. :D

What with her(Ivy) and Nora Batty and Auntie Wainright, I sometimes think that the Third Reich is alive and well and I have been ( caught (?)).

I can't make out the last word. It is such a good one-liner, I couldn't just erase it. Can someone help me figure out what Smiler's last word is in this phrase in the "Phantom of the Graveyard? ???

What with her(Ivy) and Nora Batty and Auntie Wainright, I sometimes think that the Third Reich is alive and well and I have been ( caught (?)).

I can't make out the last word. It is such a good one-liner, I couldn't just erase it. Can someone help me figure out what Smiler's last word is in this phrase in the "Phantom of the Graveyard? ???

i think the word is conscripted, but i'm not 100% sure on that one

Thanks Darin. I have never heard of that word. That explains why I couldn't figure it out. I must read the dictionary more often. :D

Google says it means "draft" or being drafted into forced labor so Smiler felt he was being forced into signing up for military duty which now makes sense.

Yes that's the word :D

Darren is correct it is Conscripted

at least I got it right, I only watched that episode a few days ago and I couldn't remember it and wasn't sure what it was, a bit of a lucky guess then

Glenda doesn't like it, and us being a democracy and everything means I have to get rid of it. :-\ :-\ :( ::)

Compo talking to Nora: (looking at Nora's girdle hanging on the line)

Listen Las, I think it's only fair to warn the. You see if you and I are ever going to get married, there is got to be some changes. I am never going to get the hang of a thing like this. ;D

Foggy talking to the police: I am not some idiot lurking about in the bushes. I am a trained killer. 8)

I am loving this episode seeing it for the first time. "Have You Got a Light Mate?" ;D

Glenda ......"I'm thinking of starting a family!"
Edie......."Well hadn't you better get home first?"

Back